At long last I have found time to really get started on my Clea cosplay! The body suit was the first step and was super easy to make. It was my first time doing a garment like this, and I’m really happy with how it turned out.
Next, I needed to make some additions to the bodice. I decided to mock up the shoulder guards from my design in cardboard and then cut them out in foam. I used an adhesive glue to attach some of the fabric from the bodysuit to the foam so the costume would look more cohesive. After trying them onto my dress form, I decided that the shoulders didn’t look like enough on their own, so I ended up extending them down into a stomacher as well. I hand-painted the circles on the shoulders and am going to eventually add some more on the bodice.
Next up is going to be the cape. I’m having a hard time attaching everything, so I’m off to the store for a couple fasteners to try out and see which type works best. I also need to attach some additional support for the shoulders so they keep their shape. Stay tuned for more updates and be sure to check out the link below!