Today, we’re excited to introduce Loresworn Order Plays. Throughout the year, we’ll be playing through a whole bunch of awesome games with stories that were memorable and inspiring to us. We’ll discuss them section by section as we go, and we’d love to have you guys play along and add your thoughts.
Our first game is Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords. You can currently get it on Steam for $10.
You will need a couple of free mods to follow along with us:
- The Sith Lords Restored Content Mod, which adds back in a bunch of content that was cut from the original release.
- The M4-78 Enhancement Project, which adds further restorations to an originally cut planet, M4-78.
We believe that these two modifications create the ideal, unabridged KotOR 2 experience, and highly recommend them even if you’re just playing through for fun.
Generally, we will play and discuss one section of the game per week. Since this round is starting in the middle of the week, you’ll have a little extra time.
To follow along, play up through the end of Peragus and send us your comments on the Contact page no later than 8 a.m. PST on Monday, August 17. You can keep going and take notes for future segments, but we’ll only be discussing one, small chunk per week to allow the largest number of people to participate. We’re busy, and we know you are too.
Some things to think about:
- What struck you about the way Obsidian chose to start the game?
- What was the most memorable part of this section?
- What did you like/not like about this section?
- If this is your first time playing, what was the most surprising part of this section?
- If you’ve played before, what was something you didn’t remember about this section that caught you off guard?
We encourage you to come up with your own questions as well. Comments can be as short or as long as you want, and we’ll share some of our favorites (or sections thereof) when we discuss this section on the 17th.
May the Force be with you.